Visiting Our Websites
We collect standard internet log information and basic details of visitor behaviour. We do this so that we can monitor and improve our website and services. We collect this information in a way that does not personally identify anyone. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website we will make it clear that we are doing so and will explain what we intend to do with the information you provide.
When you visit our site, we will automatically collect the following information:
- your IP address
- geographical location
- browser type
- referral source
- length of visit
- number of page views
The source of the usage data is Google Analytics.
TrustOn is a data controller under the Data Protection Act. We will process personal information you have supplied to us in accordance with that Act and only for the purpose for which it is collected. We process personal information for the purposes of:
- vetting in the private security industry
- to maintain a private register of licence holders
- to maintain a private register of keyholdings, mobiles and alarm response
- to inform you about TRUSTON and its activities
- to answer client enquiries, and
- to undertake other functions as required to provide our services
We may receive information about you from others or we may give information to them. If we do, it will only be as the law permits:
- to prevent or detect crime
- to protect client property
- to check the accuracy of information you supply, or
- where we are required to by court order or legislation
As a data subject, you have the right to ask for a copy of information we hold about you and to ask for any inaccuracies to be corrected.
What happens when I link to another site?
To help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter we may gather statistics around e-mail opening and clicks using industry standard technologies. Any collected data and e-mail addresses will not be used, shared, sold or rented in any shape or form.